Thursday, July 12, 2018

A Full Embrace


A Full Embrace

I pray you be delivered according to His Will
According to His wanting in you to fulfill,
In line with His desiring, at one with His dreams,
For His will is perfect, no matter what it seems.

And when it comes to fruit, I pray for you to bear,
Because it will you know, there is certainty there,
There is surely, definitely, beyond a shadow’s doubt,
The clock will always tick, and time brings all about.

So in the meantime pray, but not to make it change,
Though it may bring suffering, seeming to you strange,
To you what may be harsh, complicated, cruel
Is not to break you down, but bring you to renewal.

And who are we to question how the shaper shapes,
How the crafter crafts, the creation He creates,
But rather trust Those hands, invisible to our eyes,
But felt within our hearts, despite the lies’ disguise.

So pray I will and do, each and every day,
For you to feel his presence, to trust Him in the Way,
To let go of your grip, to release your clinging hand,
Allowing faith to fill what your mind won’t understand.

And as my prayer for you reminds me to let go,
Reminds me of so many things I will never know,
As I hold you in my arms as tears drip down your face
I pray our God encircle us both in a full embrace of grace.




No comments:

Post a Comment