Thursday, October 26, 2017

A 3/4 Reflection


A 3/4 Reflection

It is only in such stillness that water

Reflects the heavens.

Peaceful and serene, untroubled

By turbulence or the casting of stones.

We look down and do not see

                The wet mud underneath,

But instead, the soft white sky;

                Even gray is breathtaking,

And if we should sneak a peak at night,

                What wonder would befall.

WE might even think, in the face of such majesty,

               " What am I, that such wonders

                                Could be made

                And I’d be given

                                Even a single thought

But then again, I too, am mostly water,

                And I too am made as a reflecting image."

I hear the wind in its silence speak,

Be still. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment