Sunday, July 5, 2015

Forever Grateful

Forever Grateful


I get it now, for I've been there, and tasted the other fruit,
The ones that have always been allowed, since only one
Was ever really forbidden anyway, and I also have now taken
The stroll, feeling the breeze on my face, in the cool of the day,
Knowing the true face of God, and calling, and purpose.
I was lying there between them, five and three, tired, drained,
All from the hard work of children's play in the hot summer sun.
We drifted off to dreaming together, but I lingered longer,
Floating away merely seconds after they did, at least I think so:
There are times in life where there is no discernible difference
Between waking and sleeping, for the dreams and realities of life
Are if just for a moment completely at the peace together as one.
The time did not matter. The rest did not matter, but it matters
To us, and it matters to him, and for moments such as these
I am and will always be forever grateful, and will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment