Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Where I Would Like to Live


I’d like to live in a world
Where a baby’s cries
Are calmed in a mother’s embrace
Where smiles will lighten the sternest face
Where history is forgiven if not forgotten
And everyday is a new chance at grace.

I’d like to live in a world
Where heroes strive
To save one in need
Where people act outside of greed
Where love is present everyday
And sweet fruits grow from every seed.

I’d like to live in a world
Where chocolate and peanut butter
Found a taste for each other
Where people find a friend in their brother
Where day is lit by a shining star
And the night twinkles with a billion other.

I’d like to live in a world
Where there are plenty
Songs for me to sing
Where everlasting is found in a ring
Where colors bless the evening sky
And people find joy that only love can bring.

I’m glad I live here on earth
Where all this is possible
And happens nearly every day
Where God hears when we pray
Reigning deep within all of our hearts

And allowing us to follow His perfected way.

No comments:

Post a Comment